Monday, March 8, 2010

front yard project update


Well, it's a long way to go, but at least it's a start... starting to get the structure in place.  The stone "curb" will create a transition from the landscaping to the driveway and the gutter, so the ground cover doesn't spill over too much.  With an extra 12" width to the driveway, it will be easier to fit two cars, and I don't have to park in the landscaping like I had been doing.  I left the DG a little low since I know we will be doing more work and it will get dirty.  The last step will be to add another inch or so of DG that I will park on.

As for the structure, I think we need to take some dirt out, but I also want to add more stone around the drains - sort of like headwalls.  This will also create a little bit of terracing like the neighbor's yard.  That should add some interest to the space... and tie in to some similar styled steps going up the side yard.  Thanks to our friends at Lyngso for the stone and DG - very friendly people and they usually have exactly what you want.

I wanted to get to the cheeses this weekend, but just didn't have the time.  Maybe tonight.  I did, however tune the mountain bikes up and put the new pedals on.  I also pulled out all our gear and ordered new bladders for the camelbaks, new helmets, and batteries for the bike computers.  Once that shipment comes in, we'll be set to ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment