Yesterday, on Jan. 19th, 2012, I passed the PMP exam. Wow, that was a challenging test! It was 4 hours and 200 questions, mostly based on the PMBOK. When applying to sit for the exam, I thought it wouldn't be too bad. After trying some sample exams, I didn't feel so confident anymore. I was able to pull a lot from all my varied experience and feel fortunate that I had that background. Without that background, I'm not sure how anyone passes that exam.
I would like to thank all those involved in giving me the opportunities for such varied past professional experiences:
- Rohit, for the summer job on the assembly line at Sony
- Kragen Autoparts, for the brief retail stint
- Jim, for the fabulous first real job out of school
- Toastmasters International and all my fellow toastmasters
- Carla, Tony, and Jan - for mentoring me in a highly projectized environment for the past 16 years
- Edmond, for a personalized online UC Berkeley Extension class